General Paper Submission Information
The AFA Annual Meeting Paper Submission Website is now open. The submission deadline is Thursday, March 15th at midnight (EST). There is no paper submission fee, but please note that (1) the submitting author must be an AFA member for a paper to be considered and (2) each individual may only submit one paper (although they can be a coauthor on other submitted papers).
New this year: AFA Membership status will be verified at the time of paper submission. You will need your new AFA membership number to complete your submission. Owing to updates to the AFA website, AFA membership numbers have changed. Therefore, please complete the following well in advance of the submission deadline:
- Log in to the new AFA website. Sign in at the top right. If this is your first time signing in on the new site, you will be required to reset your password.
- Find your new AFA membership number. After logging in to the AFA website, navigate to My Profile. Your AFA Membership Number is listed directly above your name.
- Update your AFA profile. Please review and complete your AFA profile at this time.
Please contact the Membership Services team if you have any problems accessing the AFA website or your membership and profile information. If you have problems or questions related to paper submissions, please contact Annette Clark for assistance.
FAQ for AFA Annual Meeting Paper Submissions
The 2018 AFA Annual Meeting paper submission process will be hosted by Conference Maker. (The paper submission mechanics for AFA conferences are entirely separate from the Journal of Finance paper submission process.
The notes below are intended to answer questions that might arise in the submission process.
- Please include author information on the paper that is submitted (submissions should include names and emails for all authors)
- The submitting author must be an AFA member for the paper to be considered
- Each individual may only submit one paper (although they can be a co-author on other submitted papers)
- You can check that your paper was uploaded correctly by clicking on the "My Submissions" link in the navigation bar
- Submitted papers should not have been accepted for publication. To enable wider participation, please submit only one paper and do not submit the same paper to other associations that meet at the same time as the AFA/ASSA
Last revised: February 21, 2018